1. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times.
2. Firearms should be locked and stored in a safe or cabinet so children can not gain access to them.
3. Firearms should always be unloaded when not actually in use.
4. When firing a gun, always make sure of your target. Just as important, you need to know what's behind the target!
5. Use appropriate ammunition for your gun.
6. Always wear ear and eye protection when shooting.
7. Make sure that there is no barrel obstruction before shooting.
8. Never alter or modify a gun.
9. Have your guns serviced regularly.
10. Education of your gun is the key. Learn about your gun and it's mechanical/handling characteristics.